Motor Mouth is potty trained but is having some issues staying dry at night. These are my adventures in helping Motor Mouth achieve nighttime dryness on a regular basis.

Friday, January 30, 2009

More Strategic Thoughts


I've been thinking that maybe Motor Mouth wearing pullups at night is too thick. Maybe we are going the wrong way. Maybe we need to put him in underwear with a waterproof padding under him. That way, he is aware when he is wet and can wake up. It is the same thought process as the bedwetting alarm, I think. He wets and feels it so then he gets conditioned to know what it feels like to wet. His body will be more likely to wake him up before he wets. That's the premise of the alarm, if I read correctly.

Of course, we are still:
- restricting fluids before bedtime
- having him potty twice before bed
- putting him to bed earlier (so he is not as tired when he falls asleep)
- waking him up when we go to bed to go potty
- checking to see if he is constipated
- adding more fiber to his diet.

I think I am going to look for those pads this weekend. I am not sure if I am going to get them at a pet store or the drug store. I know it's the same thing - my grandmother had them and so did our puppy. Just have to figure out where it is cheaper.


No comments:

Post a Comment